Tecomat Foxtrot is a compact modular control and regulation system with powerful processor, mature communications, original two-wires and wireless connection with intelligent electroinstallation elements and peripherals.
Foxtrot in Ethernet network – LAN/WAN/internet
Foxtrot is based on modern and perspective Ethernet communication. There is integrated FAST ETHERNET 100Mbit/s with RJ-45
connector and it enables direct integration of PLC Foxtrot into standard and industrial Ethernet network. On this fast communication
line Foxtrot holds up to 6 connections, for instance with software Mosaic, SCADA visualization system, OPC server, graphical
touch panel and concurrently answers to 6 web clients questions to built-in web pages.
Foxtrot and extension modules on CIB bus
Foxtrot is perfectly designed to control intelligent electroinstallations and buildings. For this Foxtrot uses electroinstallation bus CIB
– Common Installation Bus with guaranteed response between sensor and actuator to 150 ms. For this bus there is available still
expanding amount of modules for interiors in the wall switch and sockets leading manufacturers designs, further modules for the
installation into electroinstallation boxes, into lights and under covers of other device as well. Finally there are modules for installation
on DIN rail into switchboards like circuit breakers etc.
Foxtrot in mobile network GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/3G/HSDPA
There are two options how to connect Foxtrot into mobile network. The traditional RS-232 connection is used for receiving and
sending SMS messages or dial-up connection through AT commands. The progressive way uses GPRS/3G routers connected through
Ethernet channel. It allows to use all Foxtrot’s tricks, going out of its abilities to communicate direct with IP protocols, like time
synchronization with internet servers, direct SQL database storing , internal web pages providing, downloading files stored at high
capacity SDHC/SD/MMC cards, sending reports via e-mail etc.
Foxtrot and connecting with audio/video multimedia systems Control 4, Bang&Olufsen and others
Foxtrot is ready to communicate on fast ethernet channel and this allows to connect Foxtrot with nontraditional operator interface
– multimedia audio/video systems. One of them is Control 4, another one is Bang&Olufsen. These systems are usually called
multiroom systems and allow us to control, choice and distribute audio/video signals from any source to any place. By its control
means typical for audio/video they are able to control lights, temperature and safety systems in buildings. And just for these typical
functions of electroinstallation, metering, control and electronic safety systems, multiroom systems use Foxtrot for the connection
with each element in the building – switch, light, heater, detector etc.
• High performance
• Installation design („circuit breakers“)
• Up to 270 inputs and outputs / 320 modules on CIB bus
• Built-in ethernet, web server, web pages
• On-line programming using Mosaic software
• Possibility of simple parameterization using FoxTool software
• Application software back-up in the internal memory
• Native Reliance 4 SCADA/HMI driver, Tecomat OPC server available
• SD/SDHC/MMC card slot as a high capacity storage mass up to 32 GB
• Support of Modbus RTU/TCP, Profibus DP, CAN, BACnet, HTTP and other standard protocols
• Program and communication compatibility with Tecomat TC700 and older Tecomat types